3. BOND TYPE: – Our company has developed many new age bonds to match the application namely
(1) V1- For silicon carbide
(2) V2- Harder bond sic
(3) V3-Brown aluminum oxide
(4) V4-White Aluminium Oxide
(5) Vgt-Latest technology more versatile bond
(6) V5-For segment
(7) V11-Saw gumming
(8) V7-Fetting for rough grinding
Grinding Wheel SelectionRight decision
1.GRAIN:-The type of grain as abrasive used in particular wheel is chosen on the base of the way it interacts with the work material.
ALUMINUM OXIDE is the most common abrasive used in grinding wheel. It is used to grind carbon steel, alloy steel, high-speed steel, wrought iron, and bronzes.
ZIRCONIA ALUMINA is another type of abrasives grain. This is used mainly for grinding application such as a cut off operation on a broad range of steel & steel alloys.
SILICON CARBIDE is also another type of abrasives used for grinding chilled iron, gears, soft bronze and aluminum and also rubber, non-ferrous material, and stones.
5. WHEEL GRADE: – From (A) SOFT to Z (HARD). This determines how tightly the bond holds the grains. The harder is the material which has to grinded, the softer is the grade used to grind wheel and vice versa.
SUMMARY:- If a wheel grading is written as 500×20×127 BA 60 L5 V3
(1) 500- It is the outer diameter
(2) 20- It is the thickness
(3) 127- Bore
(4) BA- Grain type (brown aluminum oxide)
(5) 60-Grit size
(6) L- Hardness
(7) 5 – porosity /space
(8) V3-Bond type
Hindustan Abrasives is Manufacturing Wide range of Vitrified Grinding Wheel.