Phenol-formaldehyde Resin ( PF Resin) Formation
Phenolic formaldehyde , synthetic high polymer, formed by phenol and formaldehyde chemical reactions.
PF resins are produced by polymerization reaction in presence of catalysts ( Acid or Base).
Phenol-formaldehyde Resin Chemical Reaction
Phenol formaldehyde , synthetic high polymer, formed by phenol and formaldehyde chemical reactions. PF resins are produced by polymerization reaction in presence of catalysts ( Acide or Base).
Initial reaction :
HOC6H5 + CH2O → HOC6H4CH2OH [hydroxymethyl phenol]
HOC6H4CH2OH + HOC6H5 → (HOC6H4)2CH2 Bisphenol-F [diphenol aka dimer] + H2O
2 HOC6H4CH2OH → (HOC6H4CH2)2O + H2O
3-D Structure of Bakelite ( PH Resin )
PF Resine Facts & FAQs
What are the properties of phenol formaldehyde?
Most peculiar characterstic of P.F. Resin is it’s very short shelf life.
- PF Resin is is not easy to burn ( powder form).
- It is good Electrical Insulator
- PF resin is very easy to mold similar to moulded plastics.
- Phenolic resin has retain properties at freezing temperatures.
- It has improved strength
- It has dimensional stability
- It has Improved impact resistance and also cast resins.
Why you should choose us as phenol formaldehyde supplier for your company ?
- Tensile Strength
We make Resins in S.S Reactor and are grinding Resin using ACM (Air Classifying Mill) to get very fine & consistent PF Resign powder (in term of size).
What are popular applications of phenol formaldehyde PF Resin ?
It is comonly used for Bakelite. PF resins have been widely used as coating agent and adhesive in molded products such as billiard balls, laboratory countertops.
PF Resin: Industrial Application
- Grinding wheels and Abrasives : Grinding materials, grinding, cutting and polishing wheels
- Refractory products
- Coating sand in the casting process
- Acoustic and thermal insulation management
- Molding compounds in electronics
- Molding compounds in automobiles
- Plywood products